Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Jack Vettriano The Cigar Divan

Jack Vettriano The Cigar DivanJack Vettriano The British Are ComingJack Vettriano The Blue Gown
did you know who I am?' said Susan.
I HAVE A UNIQUE MEMORY.
'How can you remember me? I haven't even been conceived yet!'
I DID SAY UNIQUE. YOUR NAME IS­–
'Susan, but . . .'
SUSAN? said Death bitterly. THEY REALLY WANTED TO MAKE SURE, DIDN'T THEY?
He sat down in 'Well . . . you've got bony knees.'
Death stared at her.
BONY KNEES?
'Sorry.'
YOU CAME HERE TO TELL ME THAT?
'You've gone missing back . . . there. I'm having to do the Duty. Albert is very worried. I came here to . . . find things out. I didn't know my father worked for you.'
HE WAS VERY BAD AT IT.his chair, steepled his fingers and looked at Susan over the top of them.She looked back, matching stare for stare.TELL ME, said Death, after a while, WAS I . . . WILL I BE . . . AM I A GOOD GRANDFATHER?Susan bit her lip thoughtfully.'If I tell you, won't that be a paradox?'NOT FOR US.

No comments: